The government has issued a statement giving more details on the Zimbabwe National Netball team that is set to grace the Vitality Netball World Cup tournament in Liverpool, United Kingdom.
In a statement, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Services, Ndavaningi Nick Mangwana said:
… The term delegation refers to the Zimbabweans who are accredited to have official access to the grounds at the World Cup.
The breakdown of the Zimbabwean Delegation is as follows:
- Fourteen players who are funded by the Government of Zimbabwe
- Six players who are on a player development programme and are being funded by the Zimbabwe Netball Association
- Four Government officials (1 Ministry of Youth, Sports, Arts and Culture; 1 Ministry of Finance and Economic Development; 2 Sports and Recreation Commission) who are funded by the Government of Zimbabwe.
- Technical Team comprising seven officials that include medics, dietician, team managers; funded by the Government of Zimbabwe.
- Six Zimbabwe Netball Association officials who are funded by the Association… [for more see pictures below]
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.
Ndabaningi Nick Mangwana is a politician, political analyst, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Information and Publicity and a member of Zanu-PF. He was the chairperson of Zanu-PF U.K chapter. Mangwana was popular with his column View from the diaspora which is published in the... Read More About Nick Mangwana
The Sports and Recreation Commission in Zimbabwe is a department which focuses on the administration of competitive sports. It works under the Ministry of Sports and Recreation and works in cahoots with various government departments, sporting bodies and teams. It was established in 1991 and... Read More About Sports and Recreation Commission
Read More About Government officials