The ZANU PF Youth League said that it is not afraid of lawsuits after it “exposed” senior party and government officials as corrupt.
Last week on Monday, the ZANU PF Youth League deputy secretary, Lewis Matutu released names of officials he said are guilty of sabotaging the economy through corruption.
Among the names released are Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe governor, John Mangudya and the Zimbabwe Miners Federation boss Henrietta Rushwaya.
The duo has already demanded that the youths retract their accusations, with Mangudya demanding ZWL$1 million in defamation compensation.
Speaking to NewsDay, ZANU PF Youth League secretary Pupurai Togarepi revealed that those threatening legal action will be exposed more. He said:
Those who are pretending to be clean by intimidating us through summons, we will expose more.
They should know that we are prepared for the summons. Those who want to sue us should know that we did this for the people of Zimbabwe, and we have all the people of Zimbabwe behind us.
We want to wait for the other names that we are going to list, so definitely, we are going for everyone who is involved in corruption.