The Acting Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation, Kazembe Kazembe said that the fundraising committee for the Warriors has transferred US$108 000 into the players’ accounts and their technical crew.
Kazembe, who is also the fund-raising committee chairman, said that they were fulfilling the pledge they made before the Warriors match against Egypt. The Chronicle quotes Kazembe as saying:
I had told the players that I would return on Saturday, but I had other engagements and I am still glad that I have been able to come and address them and confirm to them that, as the fund-raising committee, we have now made our first payment to them.
We have promised them more after their game against Uganda, which we believe they will do well to win. It must always be made clear that Zifa had their contract with the players, which is different, and which they are fulfilling and as a committee we have mobilised and we continue to mobilise more resources that are being channelled directly to the team.
The Warriors reportedly threatened to walk away from Egypt on the eve of the opening match last week over unpaid allowances.
They only agreed to take to the field once they were paid their dues according to reports.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.Powered by Techzim