Zimlive reports that the Zanu-PF youths banned Obert Mpofu, the party’s secretary for administration from the Zanu-PF HQ in Harare. He and other senior Zanu-PF members are named on a list of corrupt party officials that the Zanu-PF youth wing released on Monday, 24 June.
Said Zanu PF deputy youth secretary Lewis Matutu in a youth statement:
We are requesting our honourable comrade, the secretary for administration and member of the presidium to clear himself of vast allegations that have not been answered to date. Our people are losing confidence and we are not patient.
Other officials named on the Youth League’s list are:
- Tourism Minister Prisca Mupfumira – for corruption allegations while she was Minister of Public Service
- Jorum Gumbo – for ZINARA related corruption allegations while he was Transport Minister
- Infomation Minister Monica Mutsvangwa’s children, Neville and Elizabeth – for illegal foreign currency deals along with businessman, Wicknell Chivayo.
- Mlungisi Moyo – illegal forex dealing in Bulawayo
- Artwell Ndlovu – illegal forex dealing in Bulawayo
- Wayne Harrington – illegal forex dealing
- Tinomuda Machakaire – illegal forex dealing
Non-party members but influential people named:
- John Mangudya – illegal forex dealing. The Youth leagued referred to his as “father who has watched things happen in his house and done nothing. We will assume that he is also involved.”
- Tafadzwa Musarara – abusing foreign currency allocations from the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
- Henrietta Rushwaya
- Tongai Muzenda (son of late vice president Simon Muzenda) – diamond corruption
Mathuthu was flanked by other youth league executives including political commissar Godfrey Tsenengamu.
Henrietta Rushwaya has threatened to sue Lewis Mathuthu, accusing him of being the corrupt one: