Opposition MDC leader, advocate Nelson Chamisa has rescued political careers of some losing party bigwigs by appointing them to new roles at the national council meeting held yesterday.
Below is the list of new appointments:
- Douglas Mwonzora (former MDC secretary general): Deputy Secretary for International Relations
- Morgan Komichi (former VP): Secretary for Presidential Affairs.
- Elias Mudzuri (Former vice president): secretary for Local Government.
Below are some major appointments made by Chamisa:
- Murisi Zvizwai: Deputy Treasurer-General.
- Daniel Molokela: Spokesperson (Infomation)
- Luke Tamborinyoka: Deputy Spokesperson (information)
- Gladys Hlatwayo: Secretary for International Relations
- Jacob Mafume: Secretary for Elections.
- Fadzai Mahere: Secretary for Education, Sports, and Culture
Political analyst, Pedzisai Ruhanya commented on the new appointments and said that every post matters in a democratic struggle. Posting on Twitter, Ruhanya said:
MDC people should know that what matters is not the position one has been appointed to serve by MDC leader
@nelsonchamisa but what one does with that assignment. Every post matters in a democratic struggle. The politics of positions matter less in this struggle for democracy.
More: Open Parly ZW