The Health Apex Council has warned the government that its members will go on a partial strike next week because of the government’s failure to address their grievances.
If by the end of the week, the government fails to deal with the issues they raised, the Council will embark on a full-blown strike. Below is the full statement:
Re: FEEDBACK ON PROPOSED INDUSTRIAL ACTION
We refer to the above subject and would want to state the following:-
1. On the 24th of May 2019, the Health Apex delivered its notice of intention to embark on industrial action after the expiring of 14 days unless certain grievances raised had been fully addressed.
2. The notice period expired on the 13th of June 2019.
3. On the 14th of June 2019, the Health Apex Council and the Health Associations convened to revies the position in light of the grievances raised.
The following Associations were fully represented:-
- Zimbabwe Nurses Association
- Nurse Aides Association of Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Professional Nurses Union
- Zimbabwe Health Workers Union
- Zimbabwe Government Radiographers Association
- Zimbabwe Confederation of Midwives
- Zimbabwe Pharmacy Technician Association
- Government Therapists Association
- Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association
4. It was noted in the aforementioned meeting that whilst there had been some attempt to address minor grievances, the most important grievance relating to remuneration of health workers vis a vis the current economic climate had not been addressed.
5. In light of the above, the meeting resolved to partially withdraw services for one week concurrently reiterate the need for the Health Service Board to resolve all grievances.
6. To this end, it has been resolved that all health workers will attend work for only two days between the period 17th to 23rd June 2019.
7. Should the remaining grievances remain unresolved by the close of day on the 23rd of June 2019, all health workers will completely withdraw their labour from the 24 of June 2019.
8. We trust the above is clear and that it is in order.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.
A hospital is a facility that provides health care to people or animals through medical and surgical treatment. A hospital typically has specialized medical equipment and trained staff comprising of nurses, general doctors and specialists. Read More About Hospital