US State Security Statement| To all American citizens,
Exercise increased caution in Zimbabwe due to crime and civil unrest.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Zimbabwe:
- Stay alert and avoid openly displaying cash.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa and leave originals in your hotel safe.
- Stay away from political rallies, demonstrations, and crowds.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Enrol in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Zimbabwe.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Travel Advisory Levels
Assistance for U.S. Citizens
U.S. Embassy Harare 2 Lorraine Drive, Bluffhill Harare, Zimbabwe