With load-shedding in place, though frustrating, we can do a little something to work around it. Here are 6 ways you can make your laptop battery last longer.
- Turn off your keyboard backlight if you can manage to work with ambient light
- Mute Audio or use earphones or headphones – speakers are powered by the battery to become audible
- Use one program at a time – power is needed to keep other programs in waiting
- The obvious one, decrease screen brightness – the brighter it is, the more power it needs
- Disconnect hard drives and other accessories – the battery has to power these that means power is transferred to these accessories from your laptop