Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ziyambi Ziyambi has revealed that the Cabinet has through the Marriages Amendment Bill repealed a legal provision that criminalized “willful” transmission of HIV to a partner.
Speaking to journalists after a Cabinet briefing chaired by Environment, Tourism, and Hospitality Industry Minister, Prisca Mupfumira, Ziyambi said:
Yes, indeed Cabinet approved that we repeal the Criminal Law (Codification and Reform) Act where it speaks about these criminalisation so we will repeal the Criminal Code in this regard.
- Click link to receive Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/263733047077?text=add
The Marriages Amendment Bill will now soon be gazetted before it is tabled before Parliament for debate.
- African-Led HIV Vaccine Trial Gathers Momentum
- 740 000 Young Zim Women Are HIV-positive – UN Report
- Harare, Bulawayo Named Zim HIV Hotspots- Report
- NAC Hails Govt Move To Decriminalise HIV Transmission
More: The Chronicle