Portipha Musiiwa (49) who was jointly charged with his son, Talent for assaulting a man who was fixing their car, fainted before Kwekwe Magistrate. Musiiwa collapsed after magistrate Mr Storey Rushambwa started reading out the judgment.
The magistrate was forced to put proceedings on hold to allow for Musiiwa to be attended to. After an hour, Court proceeding continued. Musiiwa and his son were sentenced to 3 months in prison each, which he wholly suspended on condition they do not commit a similar offence within the next four years.
It is alleged that the duo teamed up against Mr Ndiwoneyi whom they accused of taking too much time to repair their damaged vehicle. Musiiwa is reported to have hit the complainant once on the back of the head, shoulder and right hand with an iron bar.
The son is alleged to have kicked Ndiwoneyi on the nose causing him to bleed. Ndiwoneyi was later taken to Kwekwe Provincial Hospital where he was treated and discharged.
- Lady Goes Into Labour While Awaiting Court Order
- Teacher Collapses And Dies In Deputy Head’s Office
- WATCH: Chamisa’s Sign Language Interpreter Collapses On Stage
- Woman Collapses, Dies While Serving Customer In A Bulawayo Retail Fabric Shop
- 17 year old Murder Suspect Faints In Court
More: The Herald