The ruling Zanu PF party has admitted that it has failed to achieve its pre-election promises.
Speaking to the Daily News on Sunday, ZANU PF spokesperson Simon Khaya Moyo admitted that the party had failed. He, however, attributed the failure to the prevailing economic conditions which he said were making it difficult for the party to fulfill the promises. Moyo lamented:
Whether we are going to achieve our goals depends on the economy, but we remain focussed. We are faced with a difficult economy, we have gone through a dry season — most parts of the country did not have adequate rainfalls. We have had a tragic Cyclone Idai, all these things mean a lot but we remain focused.
Among other things, ZANU PF promised in its election manifesto that it will tackle economic challenges head-on. It also promised to ameliorate institutionalised and petty corruption and politics of patronage.
Results on the ground, however, portray a different narrative. Recently, president Mnangagwa admitted that corruption was more deep-rooted than he thought. The economy has also defyingly been on a downward spiral since the past 224 months.
Although the government has pleaded for patience, some analysts believe the party cannot and would not be able to redeem the country from its current entanglement.
- Zanu-PF 2018 Election Manifesto Summary PDF Download
- Thokozani Khupe’s B.E.S.T Election Manifesto PDF Download
- MDC Alliance 2018 Election Manifesto PDF Download
- MDC Alliance SMART Manifesto Is A Copy Of Zanu-PF’s ZimAsset: Analysts
- MDC Alliance Manifesto Copied South African Constitution
- Download PDF: Election Manifesto For Nkosana Moyo’s APA
- Mnangagwa ‘Stole’ Smart Cities Concept From MDC Manifesto – MDC Senior Official
More: Daily News