Jabulani Phetshu Sibanda, a war veteran former Zanu PF Matabeleland South secretary for lands has warned ZANU PF against evicting illegal land occupants.
Sibanda’s remarks come as a response to the government’s eviction programme meant to address land anomalies. It is reported that about 5 000 villagers who allegedly settled themselves illegally at Ensangu and Lochard farms in Shangani, Insiza district are facing eviction.
The evictions, as Sibanda notes, will make ZANU PF unpopular. Sibanda warned:
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
The economic situation is forcing people out of towns. The whole country is affected by the exodus of people from urban areas (as people) go to look for cheaper land in rural areas.
Now, if we start evicting them, where do we want them to go? These evictions will give advantage to the opposition even though it will also not do anything about it.
People are looking up to this government and the party to address the problems and if they ignore dealing with the problem, the situation will deteriorate.
- 500 Mberengwa Farmers Face Eviction From Chivhunze Farm
- Soldiers and Police Evict Over 3000 Families From Farms In Gokwe
- ED Stops Eviction Of 20 000 Domboshava Villagers By Chinese Company
- Where Does A Chinese Company Get Powers To Evict Domboshava Residents?