Edzai Chimonyo, Zimbabwe Defence Forces Commnder, has been dragged to the High Court by a Harare man over an assault and abduction case that occured in November 2017.
Katandike, the plaintiff, claims that he was abducted and assaulted by soldiers on the 20th of November in Waterfalls.
The plaintiff opines that the soldiers who abducted, assaulted and detained him were under the employment of the ZNA. Katandike is therefore claiming $15 000 compensation.
- Click link to receive Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/263733047077?text=add
Katandike asserts that $10 000 is for unlawful arrest and detention, while the $5 000 is for shock, pain and suffering.
- ZNA Army Dismisses Reports That Its Armouries Were Raided By Protestors
- Army Disowns Rifle Abandoned By Fleeing Poachers
- Edmund Kudzayi Vows To Sue Army, Police For ‘Errant’ Arrest
- FULL TEXT: MDC Bemoans Harrassment Of Activists By Soldiers In Zimunya
More: Daily News