Sungura maestro and bass guitarist Alick Macheso has revealed that winning the Outstanding Album Award at the upcoming NAMA awards would be an honour.
His album, Dzinosvika Kure, was nominated in the Outstanding Album Category alongside “Grateful” by Janet Manyowa, “Ntunjambila” by Jeys Marabini and “Tseu Tseu” by ExQ.
Speaking on the album he released on his birthday, Macheso said the album was very special to him. This, as he indicated, is also because he committed a whole year to the album and response he got from his fans.
- Click link to receive Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/263733047055?text=add
Macheso who looks forward to winning the award despite stiff competition said:
I’ve been nominated many times in my career but it’s always an exciting feeling that you can never get enough of and I think it’s the same for every artiste whenever you get recognised for your works or to be awarded for your work it’s always an amazing feeling and I am really looking forward to winning the award.
He also indicated that he is likely to miss the ceremony since he has a show in Mutoko.
- Mukanya Apologises To Macheso
- Don’t Loot Cyclone Donations- Macheso
- Thomas ‘Mukanya’ Mapfumo Dismisses Macheso And Other Local Musicians As Insignificant
- Macheso Responds To People Who Say He Uses Juju
- Macheso Denies He Sang ‘Chikuru Kurarama’ For His Ex-Wife Tafadzwa Or Daughter Sharon
- Macheso Names New Album “Dzinosvitsa Kure”
- Macheso To Launch New Album In June
More: The Chronicle