Opposition party MDC led by Nelson Chamisa has continued its preparations for the 24-26 May Congress with nominations being carried across the provinces.
The latest province to conduct its provincial Congress is Midlands Province going for Chamisa for party president.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
This means that Chamisa has been nominated by all the four provinces which have conducted Congresses to date, namely, North America, Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, and Midlands.
Below is the list of nominations done by the Midlands:
- President – Nelson Chamisa
- Vice President – Tendai Biti, Lilian Timeous
- Chairperson – Thabitha Khumalo
- Deputy Chairperson – Happymore Chidziva
- Secretary General – Chalton Hwende
- Deputy Secretary-General – Settlement Chikwinya
- Treasurer – Tapiwa Mashakada
- Deputy Treasurer – Banda
- Organising Secretary – Amos Chibaya
- Deputy Organising secretary – Morgan Ncube
- Spokesperson – Jacob Mafume
- Deputy Spokesperson – Brian Dube
Midlands Province is one of the ten Zimbabwe Provinces. It has an area of 49,166 square kilometres (18,983 sq mi) and a population of 1,614,941 according to the 2012 census. It is home to various peoples. The province also has a blend of Shona, Ndebele,... Read More About Midlands Province
Amos Chibaya is a Zimbabwean politician who was once a member of parliament for Mkoba constituency. Read More About Amos Chibaya
Nelson Chamisa is a Zimbabwean politician and current president of the Movement for Democratic Change. He was elected presdient at the party's congress on 25 May 2019. Chamisa is the former member of parliament for Kuwadzana , former Minister of Information and Technology , former... Read More About Nelson Chamisa