A kombi-bus head-on collision has killed at least 10 people near Gweru.
Police officers at the scene indicated that there were no survivors from the kombi. They also said a few people from the Birdgreen Transport Pvt Ltd bus were injured and ferried to Gweru Provincial Hospital.
I boarded this bus from Kadoma, but all the way we were complaining of the speed.
The driver then tried to overtake another bus on this curve resulting in the head-on collision with the oncoming kombi.
This resonates with the report by Mr Kelvin Zimuto, another witness who said:
The driver of the bus I was travelling in is to blame. He was just speeding for nothing and imagine everyone in the kombi was crushed.
A Herald article reports that the tragedy was confirmed by the Police Officer Commanding Midlands Province, Commissioner Moses Magande.
- Bus Accident In Nkayi Injures Thirteen People
- BREAKING: Battlefields Mine Accident Declared National Disaster
- 7 Zimbabweans Die In Botswana Accident
- Govt Working On Electronic Traffic Management System To Reduce Accidents
- 118 Died In Accidents In The Last 16 Days Of December
More: The Herald