A Chronicle article has reported that two Bulawayo teenagers have appeared in court for allegedly robbing a school pupil in Makokoba suburb at knifepoint.
Denson Zengeya (18) and Lorenzo Moyo (19), appeared before Mr. Lesigo Ngwenya and were remanded in custody to April 15.
They were already serving nine months jail sentence for robbing another pupil.
Prosecuting Mr. Mehluli Ndlovu gave narrated how the duo had robbed the pupil. Ndlovu said:
On March 5 at around 15.50PM, complainant was coming from school walking towards a park in Makokoba when the pair approached him from behind. Moyo handled him by the collar blocking him from escaping and Zengeya ordered him to surrender his phone.
The two assaulted the complainant with fists. Zengeya drew an okapi knife and placed it on his ribs which led him to surrender the Sony phone.
The victim is said to have reported the accused to the police leading to their arrest.
Judgment will be delivered today on the matter.
- WATCH: Ti Gonzi Out Of Hospital, Explains How He Was Robbed
- 4 Chiadzwa Armed Robbers Arrested, Hauled Before The Courts
- Two Suspected Robbers Arrested For Sneaking Into ZCDC
- ZANU PF Activist Knifed In Stoneridge – Party Claims
- ‘An intoxicated Gabriella Engels attacked me with knife’: Grace Mugabe