Sebastian Mutizirwa, representing the state, has indicated that police is still conducting investigations on a treason matter against Joanah Mamombe an MDC legislator.
Magistrate Vongai Muchuchuti heard that the police are yet to record a statement from the last crucial witness. The magistrate, however, rolled over the matter to April 19 for trial date allocation. Muchuchuti notified that Mamombe will be released if the state failed to provide a trial date for the accused.
She is believed to have addressed a press conference in Harare on January 14 urging people to engage in civil disobedience.
- FULL TEXT: ZANU PF’s Abuse Of Joanna Mamombe “Appalling”
- ZANU PF MPs Heckle Mamombe, Call Her A Prostitute
- Joanna Mamombe Granted $3 000 Bail
- ‘Mamombe Possibly First Woman Since Mbuya Nehanda To Face Treason Charges’
- ‘Joanna’s Life Is Being Shattered Down’ – Mamombe’s Mother Reveals
- PICTURE: Joanna Mamombe In Prison Garb
More: 263 Chat