The University of Zimbabwe has started searching for a Vice Chancellor. The successful candidate will be replacing Levi Nyagura who is expected to leave at the end of the year.
Nyagura, whose contract expires at the end of the year, was suspended in connection with the awarding of a PhD degree to the former First Lady, Grace Mugabe.
UZ Council chairman, Dr Anxious Masuka confirmed the news. In relation to Nyagura’s expected departure, Masuka said:
His contract ends December 31, 2019 so we are just doing the succession as it takes 10 months to get a VC. That’s a natural process and there is nothing untoward about that.
An ideal candidate, as the vacancy notice suggests, must be a visionary and strategic leader; a holder of an earned Doctorate Degree from a recognised university, and be a full professor. The candidate must possess at least 10 years of working experience at a senior administrative level in a related higher and tertiary education or research institution.
The successful candidate would be offered a five-year performance renewable contract and the application deadline is April 26.
- Lewis Uriri Dumps Levi Nyagura
- Paul Mapfumo Appointed Acting UZ Vice Chancellor Following Nyagura’s Suspension
- UZ Vice Chancellor, Nyagura, Suspended For “Fake” Grace Mugabe PhD
- Levi Nyagura Has Case To Answer: Magistrate
- UZ Boss Levi Nyagura Suspended Over Grace Mugabe PhD
- How UZ Boss Levi Nyagura Helped Grace Mugabe Get A PhD
- UZ Boss Levi Nyagura Arrested For Abuse Of Office Over Grace Mugabe PhD
More: The Herald
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.