Doctor Joshua Malinga, advisor to the President on National Disability issues expressed concern over the way the society views the disabled community.
He was speaking at a workshop arranged to assist in pushing the signing of the African Disability Protocol. The workshop was arranged by the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare in collaboration with the Office of the President and Cabinet
The concerned Doctor said:
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
People have to know that there is nothing we the disabled people cannot do. We can do everything but in our own way.
Give us a chance to celebrate our differences and recognize our rights too. Anything for us without us is against us hence people need to change their minds on people with disabilities because being disabled is not by choice.
Sneddon Shoko, who spoke at the same occasion on behalf of Honourable Sekesai Nzenza echoed Malinga’s opinion. He went on to ensure the government’s commitment to disability issues. Shoko said:
People with disabilities are able to make their own choices and exercise their freedom in the society and people of Zimbabwe, we are rallying behind them.
Back Then buses that were imported could accommodate wheelchairs and people who use clutches could board buses with ease. These days, the buses are not wheelchair friendly. As a country, we need to make our transport system accessible to persons with disabilities.
President of Senate, Mabel Chinomona who spoke on the sidelines of the event indicated that they will push for the protocol to be ratified in parliament.
- Zim Joins The Whole World In Commemorating Autism Day
- ‘Parents Hiding Disabled Children Due To Stigma’ – Mary Mliswa
- Olinda Chapel secures accommodation for people living with disabilities that were evicted last week
- Govt avails $800 business grant for people with disabilities evicted from Masterton Cheshire home
- Chipanga criticised for comments on disabled people
More: 263 Chat