MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT, PUBLIC WORKS AND NATIONAL HOUSING
ROCKFALL: Mapadza Mountain, Bikita District
- A large rock weighing between 10 —15 tonnes fell on Saturday 23 March 2019 in the morning.
- The rock fell into a nearby depression and split into two pieces.
- Two houses in the vicinity developed cracks as a result of the vibrations from the rock fall.
- No one has been injured from this incident.
It is advised that the nearby community be on high alert and ensure their safety.
Manyere Dam on Nyamakati River, Vumba
- Manyere Dam has been spilling for some time following the heavy rains due to Cyclone ldai.
- The continued spilling may have raised concerns for the communities downstream.
- It has since been established that the dam wall is intact and safe.
- Water levels are still high from the spill
- Water levels in Nyamakati River are high. Therefore, it is advised to stay clear of the river and be on lookout for danger.
Issued by the Directorate of Civil Protection on 24 March 2019 at 1600hrs
- Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 02 To 04 December 2021
- Omicron Variant Now In Zimbabwe - Health Minister Chiwenga
- South Africa Gives Grace Period To Holders Of Zimbabwe Exemption Permits
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus 02 December 2021: COVID-19 Cases Continue Rising