The Amalgamated Rural Teachers’ Union of Zimbabwe, ARTUZ Mashonaland West province has postponed its scheduled protest from 22 March to 29 March 2019.
The postponement has been necessitated by the need to collect donations towards the victims of cyclone Idai. ARTUZ mourns all who perished and stands in Solidarity with the surviving victims.
The Mashonaland West protest will mark the beginning of a series of continuous nation-wide street protests. The Union is demanding the following.
1) Our current salaries in United States dollars or market equivalent.
2) The democratisation of the Teacher Professional Council.
3) A reversal of the decision to deduct leave days for 10 200 teachers who took heed of our call for job action in February.
4) Scrapping of the 10 year threshold and other stringent measures for importing vehicles.
5) Reversal of the Unilateral pension deduction on our special allowance.
The government now has more time to engage us and resolve the above issues. From 29-03-2019 a series of protests will kick off as we seek to restore teacher dignity.
ARTUZ making teaching beautiful.
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chrispen Charumbira
- Wild Is Life
- Wilfred Mutizwa
- Gilbert Dandawa
- Justice Muneri Matanhire
- Thabani Mpofu (SACU)
- Special Anti-Corruption Unit (SACU)
- Mhangarai Milton Chinake
- Happymore Kashaka
- Israel Maliki