The Amalgamated Rural Teachers’ Union of Zimbabwe, ARTUZ Mashonaland West province has postponed its scheduled protest from 22 March to 29 March 2019.
The postponement has been necessitated by the need to collect donations towards the victims of cyclone Idai. ARTUZ mourns all who perished and stands in Solidarity with the surviving victims.
The Mashonaland West protest will mark the beginning of a series of continuous nation-wide street protests. The Union is demanding the following.
1) Our current salaries in United States dollars or market equivalent.
2) The democratisation of the Teacher Professional Council.
3) A reversal of the decision to deduct leave days for 10 200 teachers who took heed of our call for job action in February.
4) Scrapping of the 10 year threshold and other stringent measures for importing vehicles.
5) Reversal of the Unilateral pension deduction on our special allowance.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
The government now has more time to engage us and resolve the above issues. From 29-03-2019 a series of protests will kick off as we seek to restore teacher dignity.
ARTUZ making teaching beautiful.
The Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (ARTUZ), formerly Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe, is a teachers' trade union focused on the needs of teachers employed in the rural areas in Zimbabwe. It was founded in 2009 and launched officially in Harare on the 12th... Read More About ARTUZ
Mashonaland West is one of the ten Zimbabwe Provinces. Its administrative capital is Chinhoyi. It includes Kariba, Hurungwe, Makonde, Zvimba, Norton, Chegutu, Kadoma, Mhondoro-Ngezi, Sanyati and Karoi. It has an area of 57,441 km² and a population of approximately 1.5 million (in 2012). The province... Read More About Mashonaland West Province