Confirmed reports from ward councillors who have been reached as at 2100 hrs (16.03.19)
WARD 15. Chimanimani urban
- Number of deaths in Ngangu high density area :26
- Houses destroyed : 80 *
- Bridges destroyed : one at pondo
WARD 10 : Chikukwa
- No of deaths : 5
- Households/houses destroyed :10+
WARD 21 Copper area
- 147 people feared washed away by Risitu river, mainly around copper business centre
- Households destroyed is 15+
- Nyahode bridge is destroyed.Risitu bridge is also feared destroyed
WARD 17 Biriviri and Charles Luanga Sec Sc
- 3 people dead.Two school boys and one adult.
- Biriviri bridges overflowing
WARD 12 Charleshood and Dombera
- 15 people marooned at a higher ground, blown away by a landslide.Results unknown.
- Mawenje lodge employees marooned in the mountains
- Houses destroyed in the following villages: Saziya, Merry waters, Nyabamba, Runhowani
WARD 1 Cashel
- Two bridges destroyed ,one of them near Chashel ZRP link to Jong we, Hangani
WARD 8 Nyanyadzi
- one death of an adult
WARD 3 Chaseyama area
- 3 households destroyed, a no of people injured.
RESCUE EFFORTS SO FAR
- Lydia Chimonyo is set out a Chimanimani district command centre.Govt and well wishers supply food and tents there.This as far as vehicles can travel on the Wengezi road to Chimanimani due to broken bridges.The command centre is launch led for North eastern and west of Chimanimani district.Those in need of food and shelter and are capable of getting there can do so.
- Christina Pr Sch near Steinstroom sec sch on the Jopa copper road, is another district command rescue center.It serves the Risitu valley. This is the furthest that vehicles can access from Jopa to Risitu valley due to destroyed bridges.Those from Risitu who can make for food and tents can do so.
- Plans were put in place earlier in the day, to uplift affected people using helicopters, but it could not happen with immediate effect due to continuous rains, mist and winds.Its expected to happen as soon as those vagaries of weather subsidise
- The ZRP sub aqua unity is also being mobilised to reach out unaccessimble areas due to burst river banks.
- Meanwhile people in affected areas are advised to help each other with food and shelter until rescuing team reach them.
More information shall be availed as it comes from ward councillors.
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on email@example.com.
- Climate Smart Agriculture in Zimbabwe
- Zwelibanzi Moyo-Williams
- Consolidated Revenue Fund
- Retention Funds in Zimbabwe
- Reserve Money
- Regional Distances
- Liberalised Foreign Exchange Market in Zimbabwe
- Leonard Kwaramba
- Lynett Chirwa
- Expansionary Fiscal Policy in Zimbabwe