President Emmerson Mnangagwa and his delegation have arrived in Abu Dhabi where he continues his road show to attract financial aid and investment to Zimbabwe.
The delegation includes:
- Commander of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces, General Philip V. Sibanda
- Minister of Finance Mthuli Ncube,
- Presidential Spokesperson George Charamba,
- Ministry of Mines and Mining Development Winston Chitando
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Lt. Gen. (Rtd.) Dr. S.B. Moyo
Meanwhile, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga is acting president in Zimbabwe.
The presence of General Sibanda among the officials accompanying Mnangagwa has been referred to as unprecedented.
State media reported this morning that the President went to Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates at the invitation of the Emir and as an effort to “continue to deepen economic cooperation with the rest of the world under the economic diplomacy initiatives in the new dispensation.”