Veteran ZBC journalist Judith Makwanya died on Monday after being diagnosed with high blood pressure last Thursday.
Her condition suddenly deteriorated on Monday evening when she suffered a stroke, and she died at around 11 PM at the West End Clinic in Harare. Below are 5 things you probably did not know about the veteran reporter:
1. She trained for journalism in Russia.
2. Judith Makwanya joined ZBC on June 1, 1990 as a reporter.
3. She was in the Presidential team from 1997 and was promoted on October 11, 2001 to Diplomatic Correspondent, a position she held until her death.
4. Makwanya was born on 22 October 1963 and her full name was Judith Tendesai Makwanya.
5. Along with fellow ZBC journalist, Reuben Barwe, Makwanya was on both the US and European Union sanctions list following the fast track land reform of the early 00s. She was only removed from the list in February 2012 after a review and during the Government of National Unity.
Judith Makwanya was a Zimbabwean journalist and broadcaster with the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC). She is most known for having worked for ZBC for decades. At the time of her death, she was a Diplomatic Correspondent. Makwanya died on 11 March 2019 aged 55. Read More About Judith Makwanya
Zimbabwe Broadcasting corporation is a state controlled broadcaster in Zimbabwe. Read More About ZBC