MDC-Alliance legislator Joana Mamombe was arrested on Saturday and charged with treason. The charges are emanating from a press conference she held with some MDC-Alliance councillors on 14 January in 2019, the day the January violent protests began.
See full video below:
During the press conferences, she read a statement with a list of demands:
- Reversal of the 300% fuel increase by President Mnangagwa
- A robust economic policy based on wide consultation with labour, business and citizens
- Abandonment of the 1:1 rate between bond note and USD
- Zimbabwe to join the Rand Monetary Union.
- Upward review of civil servant salaries
- Central government to provide adequate financial resources to the City of Harare to enable them ensure basic social services
- President Mnangagwa to initiate dialogue with MDC leader Nelson Chamisa
- UPDATE: Joana Mamombe Charged With Treason
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Zimbabwe’s Youngest MP, Joana Mamombe
- Armed Gang Trail MDC MP, Joanna Mamombe