Norton legislator Temba Mliswa has made a complaint against Zanu-PF legislator Dexter Nduna.
Mliswa wrote a letter to the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) requesting that they investigate the Chegutu West legislator following death threats. He said the security of his person and that of his family is now at risk following Nduna’s death threats. Below is Mliswa’s full letter below:
RE: LETTER OF CONCERN AND REQUEST FOR INVESTIGATION INTO VERBAL THREATS MADE AGAINST ME BY HON. DEXTER NDUNA
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
The above refers
My name is Temba Peter Mliswa, a citizen of Zimbabwe and Independent Member of Parliament for Norton Constituency. I write to you in terms of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. section 243. which provides that the functions of the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission include
1. To receive and consider complaints from the public and to take such action in regard to the complaints as it considers appropriate.
2. Protect people against abuse of power and maladministration by the State and public institutions and by officials of those institutions.
3. Investigate the conduct of any authority or person, suspected of violating any of the hurnan rights provided in the Constitution’s Declaration of Rights. 4. Take necessary actions to assist victims of human rights violations to receive justice
I make the following complaint regarding a verbal threat made against me by Hon. Dexter Nduna, Member of Parliament for Chegutu West Constituency, and request the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission to investigate these abuses and secure appropriate redress:
During a Mines and Mining Development Parliamentary Portfolio Committee meeting in the Senate Chambers at the Parliament of Zimbabwe, Hon Dexter Nduna made personal ominous verbal threats against me of which video and audio evidence is available.
1. “Ndine vamwe vanhu vandakauraya vandisingazive” which translated into English means, ‘I have killed some people I do not even know’
2. “I will deal with you outside” (Parliament)
As a result of these threats, the security of my person and that of my family is now at risk, my right to freedom of movement and expression have been seriously compromised.
I therefore look forward to your urgent response in this regard.
Hon. Temba P. Mliswa
Member of Parliament & Chairperson, Parliamentary Portfolio Committee for Mines & Mining Development
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) is a national human rights institution which was established under section 242 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. It is an independent Commission whose main mandate is to protect, promote and enforce human rights. Read More About Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission
Temba Mliswa is an outspoken Zimbabwean politician and the current Member of Parliament for Norton Constituency having won the by-election on 22 October 2016 as an independent candidate. He is the former current Parliamentary Portfolio Chairman on Mines and Energy. He is a former member... Read More About Temba Mliswa
Dexter Nduna is a Zimbabwean politician and a member of Zanu-PF party. He is the Member of Parliament for Chegutu West Constituency. He was reelected in the July 2018 elections. He is the current chairperson of the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Transport. He is also... Read More About Dexter Nduna