The Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) and The Zimbabwe Lawyers For Human Rights (ZLHR) have filed an urgent chamber application over the internet blockade in Zimbabwe. The internet was blocked entirely for about 30 hours since 12 midday 15 January, and partially from about 5PM on 16 January 2019.
The application’s respondents are
- The Minister of State in the Presidents Office For National Security
- The Director General Of Intelligence Services
- The President Emmerson Mnangagwa
- The telecoms regulator, POTRAZ
- The mobile operators, Econet, NetOne and Telecel
The contents of the application are not clear at this moment.
The matter is set down for 14.30 on 21 Jan before Justice O.Tagu.
Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights (ZLHR) is a not for profit human rights organization whose core objective is to foster a culture of human rights in Zimbabwe as well as encourage the growth and strengthening of human rights at all levels of Zimbabwean society through... Read More About Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights