ZESA Contractor Electrocuted In Mutare, Six Others Seriously Injured

A Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (ZESA) contractor was last Thursday electrocuted when he got in contact with a live wire in Hobhouse high density in Mutare.

The deceased was in the company of six other ZESA contractors who all escaped death by a whisker, albeit with serious injuries. Manicaland province deputy police spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Chananda revealed that the accident occurred at around 11:30 pm.

The deceased man was identified Munashe Ingeresi (22). He was employed by Glanaville Company which had been contracted by Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission and Distribution Company (ZETDC) to install electricity cables in Hobhouse high-density suburbs.

- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -

Assistant Inspector Chananda had this to say:

The deceased succumbed to burns while other six are admitted at St Joseph Mission hospital. Where they are receiving treatment.

The contractors were working in Hobhouse when an earth wire on their pole got in contact with a live wire.

He called on workers to always make sure that they are working un a safe environment to avoid such incidents in future.

More: NewZimbabwe.com

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback the vote. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.

Comments

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.