In a statement, Chief police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said police have managed to identify 14 out of 17 victims in an accident involving two commuter omnibuses that occurred along the Harare-Nyamapanda highway.
The accident occurred on Sunday near Juru Growth Point. Those identified are:
- Godknows Chitate (24) of Sunningdale 2 in Harare
- Febby Mugamanyadzi (55) of Murewa
- Welldone Njerere (7) of Juru
- Spencer Hwedenga (36) of Zengeza 5 in Chitungwiza
- Medread Ruka (66) of Juru
- Leeny Makusha (4)of Murewa
- Violet Manuel (20) of Zengeza 2 in Chitungwiza.
- Ellis Makaza (30) of Jonasi Village
- Chief Chitsungo (Pfungwe)
- Edison Madziva (32) of Gokwe
- Bianca Nadzo (18) of Murewa
- Wiriranayi Kawerenga (37) of Murewa
- Sara Makusha (13) of Goromonzi
- Lisa Makusha (14) of Murewa.