Supa Mandiwanzira’s Trial To Commence Next Week

Former Information Communication Technology Minister Supa Mandiwanzira’s trial will commence on December 18.

Mandiwanzira is accused of criminal abuse of office after he allegedly engaged South African firm Megawatt Company to provide services to NetOne without going to tender. Mandiwanzira was set to stand trial on December 10 and 11 but his lawyer Advocate Brian Hungwe objected to the trial starting today saying they had been given State papers an hour before the trial. Hungwe proposed that the trial resume on January 28 next year because they needed to engage witnesses. The State opposed Hungwe’s proposal to have trial commence on January 28 and suggested the matter to be postponed to 18 December. Harare magistrate Francis Mapfumo said court could not allow the matter to be heard in January and said it will commence on December 18.

Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (Potraz) board chair Ozias Bvute, ICT ministry secretary Sam Kundishona, NetOne former chief executive officer Reward Kangai, current NetOne CEO Brian Mutandiro and former NetOne board chair Alex Marufu are set to appear as witnesses. The Nyanga South legislator is facing two counts of criminal abuse of office where he allegedly awarded a contract to Megawatt Company without going to tender and directed NetOne to pay US$4 million for the service and US$1 million for consultancy.. Mandiwanzira is also alleged to have seconded Tawanda Chinembiri to the POTRAZ board without following due process which prejudiced the telecommunications regulator of US$35 000 through allowances drawn by Chinembiri.

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


RSS Recent Profiles Created

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.