Kadoma Residents Blast Council For Failing To Act After Fire Destroys 3 Shops

Kadoma Residents’ Association chairman Mr Wikirosi Mutizira blasted council for failing to contain the fire that destroyed three shops in the city last night.

Edgars, Jet and Coloursel shops were destroyed by fire which started around 2100hrs.By the time the fire brigade from Chegutu, which is about 33km away, arrived everything had been burnt to ashes. Said Mutizira:

The fire department is rotten. This is now the third consecutive time they have failed to contain fire outbreaks. Last month we had a fire in Ingezi and they came with an empty bowser. The latest fire incident is actually an embarrassment, with council failing to deal with a fire outbreak just less than five kilometres away from its fire station.

- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -

Kadoma mayor Councillor Action Nyamukondiwa said while the cause of the fire was yet to be established, council was not to blame for the destruction of the shops.


Also Read:


More: Herald

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback the vote. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.

Comments

Back to top

One Comment on “Kadoma Residents Blast Council For Failing To Act After Fire Destroys 3 Shops

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.