Rusape Bus Accident Declared National Disaster

Government has declared a state of national disaster an accident which killed 50 people when two buses side-swapped at the 166-kilometre peg along Harare-Mutare highway on Wednesday evening. The accident involved two buses, Bolt Cutter and Smart Express.

Government has already provided $25 000 towards the victims of the accident. The Insurance Council of Zimbabwe will settle all hospital bills while funeral services provider FSG and Nyaradzo Funeral Services will assist with coffins and transporting the deceased to their final resting places. Director of the Civil Protection Unit, Nathan Nkomo, said each family would receive $500.

ZRP Rusape Superintendent (administration) Richard Gatsi said 30 people as of yesterday were identified by their relatives. Rusape General Hospital acting matron Sister Josephine Chisamba said as of last night, they had attended to 81 patients and admitted 52. She said five people who had been seriously injured had been transferred to Harare.


Also Read:


More: Chronicle


Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge

If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.

News On WhatsApp

Tap to join WhatsApp Group (no discussions)
https://chat.whatsapp.com/GUfp0JAiZJ984Q4OUXfQIw

If you find the group full, please see the WhatsApp page to let us know.

Comments

Back to top

2 comments on “Rusape Bus Accident Declared National Disaster

  1. Rest In Peace to the deceased victims of this horrific tragedy. A positive development by the government for declaring this accident a national disaster.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.