In an interview with The Chronicle, Mpilo Central Hospital clinical director Dr Solwayo Ngwenya gave an update of the Bulawayo rally blast victims.
He said 29 people were brought to the hospital on Saturday, 13 were treated and discharged on the same day, leaving 16 admitted. Dr Ngwenya said three patients were in the intensive care unit while three others had been transferred to Harare after their relatives made the request. Said Dr Ngwenya:
We are now left with nine patients of which three of them are critical in the intensive care unit. Some of them are currently undergoing surgery and blood transfusion and we hope they will survive.
United Bulawayo Hospitals chief executive officer Mrs Nonhlanhla Ndlovu said they only have two patients who are in a stable condition. Others were taken to Mater Dei Hospital.