The Nomination Court for Presidential Candidates sat at the High Court on Thursday and 23 candidates were duly nominated to contest for the presidency in the July 30 elections. Although this is the highest number of candidates to ever participate in a Zimbabwe presidential election, it is still way below the number of political parties which are reported to be over 100. Here is the list of candidates who successfully filed their papers.
In alphabetical order (by surname)
- Joseph Makamba Busha – Free Zimbabwe Congress (FreeZim)
- Nelson Chamisa – MDC Alliance
- Timothy Chiguvare Johannes- People’s Progressive Party of Zimbabwe(PPPZ)
- Evaristo Chikanga – Rebuilding Zimbabwe Party
- Melbah Dzapasi – #1980 Freedom Movement Zimbabwe
- Peter Mapfumo Gava – United Democratic Front
- Kwanele Hlabangana – Republicans Party of Zimbabwe
- Divine Mhambi Hove – Nationalistic Alliance of Patriotic & Democratic Zimbabweans
- Blessing Kasiyamhuru – Zimbabwe Partnership for Prosperity
- Thokozani Khupe – MDC-T
- Lovemore Madhuku – National Constitutional Assembly
- Elton Steers Mangoma – Coalition of Democratisation
- Noah Manyika – Build Zimbabwe Alliance
- Violet Mariyacha – United Democracy Movement.
- Emmerson Mnangagwa – Zanu PF
- Nkosana Moyo – Alliance for People’s Agenda
- Brian Taurai Mteki (Sekuru Tau) – Independent
- Tawonezvi William Mugadza – Bethel Christian Party
- Joice Teurai Ropa Mujuru – People’s Rainbow Coalition
- Peter Tendai Munyanduri – New Patriotic Front
- Ambrose Mutinhiri – National Patriotic Front
- Daniel Shumba – United Democratic Alliance
- Peter Harry Wilson – Democratic Opposition Party
Daniel Chingoma, who became famous after attempting to make a helicopter was told to go back twice because his things were not in order. In the first instance, he was asked to resubmit new passport size photos because in his old ones he was wearing a cap. However, when he returned the officials informed him that some of the people who had nominated him are not on the Voters’ Roll. So he was asked to get different people to nominate him. According to the regulations, a candidate needs to be nominated by not fewer than 10 voters who are on the voters roll from each of the 10 Provinces, meaning one needs 100 votes.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.
The High Court of Zimbabwe is one of the Superior Courts of Zimbabwe. The High Court deals at first instance with all high value and high importance cases. It also has a supervisory jurisdiction over all subordinate courts and tribunals. Appeals from the High Court... Read More About High Court