Obert Gutu’s Office Broken Into, Security Guard Left For Dead

In a Facebook post, Thokozani Khupe’s vice president Obert Gutu said his offices in Harare were broken into on Wednesday night by more than 10 burglars who attacked a security guard and leaving him for dead.

Gutu said the robbers did not steal anything but the robbery comes at a time when he has been receiving death threats. Said Gutu:

There was a break-in at Negona Chambers around midnight on Wednesday May 2, 2018. More than 10 burglars armed with iron bars broke into our premises and severely assaulted the security guard who was on duty. The guard suffered very serious head injuries and we evacuated him to a local hospital for emergency medical treatment.

The thugs vandalised the outside alarm system sensors and they also broke the kitchen door using iron bars. The timeous arrival of two Safeguard Security reaction teams saved our security guard’s life since he had been left for dead. The thugs ran away without stealing anything.

Over the past few months, I have been receiving death threats on my mobile phone from several South African-registered mobile phone numbers.

When contacted by The Chronicle for a comment, Gutu said he did not want to speculate on whether the robbery was politically motivated or not. He said he had reported the matter to the police although National police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said she was not aware of the matter when contacted by The Chronicle.

More: Chronicle

Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:

WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/GmBajedSJpm9SzNQVdeBAQ


Telegram Group: https://t.me/pindula

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


RSS Recent Profiles Created

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.