The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has reshuffled 16 senior officers in the rank of chief superintendent and senior assistant commissioner with immediate effect. Some of the senior officers replaced those recently retired from ZRP.
The Herald is in possession of communication from the Police General Headquarters’ human resources department dated February 9 directed to all stations. Below are the reshuffles:
- Officer commanding Support Unit Senior Assistant Commissioner Angeline Guvamombe transferred to Police General Headquarters (PGHQ) as the chief staff officer human resources replacing Justice Chengeta who was recently retired.
- Snr Asst Comm Isaac Tayengwa, who was heading the National Traffic Section replaced Senior Asst Comm Guvamombe as officer commanding Support Unit.
- Officer commanding Masvingo Province Snr Asst Comm Martha Mofolo has been transferred to Morris Depot as Commandant. Her position in Masvingo is currently held by Asst Comm C Dube in an acting capacity.
- Asst Comm Mguquka was transferred from PGHQ projects to Matabeleland South as Assistant Commissioner Administration.
- Asst Comm David Mahoya is now responsible for operations at Support Unit from Matabeleland North province.
- Asst Comm N Chivhayo was transferred to PGHQ as senior staff officer legal from the Southern Region where he was also responsible for legal services
- Asst Comm Simon Mwatsikesimbe was transferred to Harare Province (operations) from Mashonaland East Province.
- Asst Comm Happymore Sigauke will be responsible for Chitungwiza District at Harare Province from Matabeleland South
- Asst Comm L Chinhengo is the acting Criminal Investigations Director replacing Snr Asst Comm Godfrey Munyonga who was recently retired.
Those who will remain in their positions are:
- Chief Superintendent C. Chingosho will remain the acting chief staff officer PGHQ printers.
- Snr Asst Comm Erasmus Makodza will remain the Anti-Stock Theft National Coordinator
- Assistant Commissioner Khumbulani Ndebele will remain as Assistant Commissioner responsible for Harare South district
- Asst Comm N Moyo and Asst Comm G Hlabiso will remain as PGHQ quartermaster and acting chief staff officer transport and logistics, respectively.
The Zimbabwe Republic Police is the country's law enforcing and maintaining organ. It was established in 1980 evolving from the Rhodesian Police and incorporated members from both the Rhodesian and the nationalist forces. It operates under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Read More About Zimbabwe Republic Police