The Minister of Industry, Commerce and Enterprise Development Mike Bimha has invited various stakeholders to a meeting which will be held at Mukwati Building on Monday to discuss the price of bread. This comes after the price of bread was increased by $0.10 from $0.90 to $1.00 for a standard loaf and from $1.00 to $1.10 for a family loaf. Prices of basic commodities have been on the increase in the last few weeks. Bakers Inn blamed the increase on lack of foreign currency. However, the Grain Millers Association of Zimbabwe (GMAZ), has said that increase was unjustified.
Stakeholder expected to attend the meeting include:
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
- Confederations of Zimbabwe Industries (CZI)
- Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce (ZNCC)
- Grain Millers Association of Zimbabwe (GMAZ)
- National Bakers Association
- Consumer Council of Zimbabwe (CCZ)
- Small Bakers Association of Zimbabwe
- Packaging Association of Zimbabwe
- Confederation of Zimbabwe Retailers
- Retailers Association of Zimbabwe.