The Minister of Industry, Commerce and Enterprise Development Mike Bimha has invited various stakeholders to a meeting which will be held at Mukwati Building on Monday to discuss the price of bread. This comes after the price of bread was increased by $0.10 from $0.90 to $1.00 for a standard loaf and from $1.00 to $1.10 for a family loaf. Prices of basic commodities have been on the increase in the last few weeks. Bakers Inn blamed the increase on lack of foreign currency. However, the Grain Millers Association of Zimbabwe (GMAZ), has said that increase was unjustified.
Stakeholder expected to attend the meeting include:
- Confederations of Zimbabwe Industries (CZI)
- Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce (ZNCC)
- Grain Millers Association of Zimbabwe (GMAZ)
- National Bakers Association
- Consumer Council of Zimbabwe (CCZ)
- Small Bakers Association of Zimbabwe
- Packaging Association of Zimbabwe
- Confederation of Zimbabwe Retailers
- Retailers Association of Zimbabwe.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.
Mike Bimha is a Zimbabwean politician. He is the former Minister of Industry, Commerce and Enterprise Development; and Member of Parliament for Chikomba West. Read More About Mike Bimha
Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce is an apolitical, non-profit, membership-based business association which has a mandate to equip business with development opportunities. ZNCC was established in 1894. Read More About Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce