On Friday former Finance Minister Ignatius Chombo and former Zanu-PF Youth Leaders Kudzai Chipanga and Innocent Hamandishe were arrested on the charge of criminal nuisance for wearing Zanu-PF caps.
Here is an excerpt from the charge sheet:
ANNEXURE (A) TO ZRP FORMS 242
CRIMINAL NUISANCE AS DEFINED IN SECTION 46 AS READ WITH PARAGRAPH 2(v) OF THIRD SCHEDULE TO THE CODE, “DOES ANY ACT WHICH LIKELY TO CREATE A NUISANCE”
1. The complainant is the State
2. Accused number (1) Ignatius Morgan Chiminya Chombo is a male adult aged 66 years and resides at house number 187 Golden Stairs, Mt Pleasant, Harare. He IS currently unemployed.
3. Accused number(2) Kudzanai Chipanga is a male adult aged 35 years and resides at house number 826 Jacana Close, Greystone Park, Harare. He is a farmer at Wakefield Farrn, RusaPe.
4. Accused number(3) Innocent Munyaradzi Hamandishe is a male adult aged 38 years residing at house number 7358 Manyame Park, Chitungwiza.
5. On a date and place unknown to the prosecutor, but in Harare and during the period between 8 December 2017 and 13 December 2017, the accused persons whilst acting in common purpose with accused Mathew Mleya who is still at large, hatched a plan and connived tO commit any act of criminal nuisance. The accused persons well knowing that they are expelled Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front (ZANU PF) members acted in common purpose and took photographs of themselves while wearing ZANU (PF) party regalia In the form of hats (caps) with an embroidered ZANU (PF) flag and Inscribed, “E.D and Kutonga Kwaro”.
6. The accused went on to post their images on social media while clad in the aforementioned ZANU (PF) party regalia, an act which when seen by members of the ZANU PF hierarchy was adjudged as likely to create a nuisance to ZANU (PF) political party.