Former Finance Minister Tendai Biti has been accused of abusing Government office to acquire wealth like Ignatius Chombo. This comes after his wifeMrs Charity Biti (nee Maguwah) exposed their properties in divorce papers filed recently at the High Court citing loss of affection and love for each other. This is similar to Chombo’s situation where his properties were exposed by his former wife Marian during divorce proceedings.
Biti’s properties include:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
- an immovable property at Stand Number 14 Coltman Road, Mount Pleasant in Harare measuring 4 048 square metres
- a 6 831 square metre plot in Umwinsdale.
- Number 2 Poland Way, Glen Lorne, Harare (4 000 square metres)
- Number 7 Bernard Avenue, Chisipite (4 114 square metres)
- Number 26 Rowland Square, Milton Park (2 762 square metres)
- Tsoko Lodge, Number 1 Shato Close, Juliasdale
- a black Mercedes-Benz S350 (ADY 5606)
- a Toyota Land Cruiser (ADI 2870)
- a white Ford Ranger (ADL 1761)
- Mercedes-Benz E300 (ADA 7481)
- a Mercedes-Benz E280 (ACY 5148)
Tanzania-based political analyst Mr Tafadzwa Mugwadi told The Herald that Biti was similar to former Local Government Minister, Ignatius Chombo. Said Mugwadi:
Tendai Biti is an Ignatius Chombo incarnate in the opposition ranks, whose penchant for primitive accumulation of wealth runs parallel to the working class people that the MDCs purport to represent. It is clear that his properties defines his understanding of society as one of the haves and the have-nots, with him being the petit bourgeoisie, whose wealth is totally untraceable in a just society. I only hope he did not voraciously acquire those properties as a Minister of Finance. He has joined the land barons’ league.
Tendai Laxton Biti is a politician and currently one of the 3 Vice Presidents of the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC). He was elected the vice presidency in May 2019 at the MDC Congress. Biti is also one of Zimbabwe's most prominent lawyers. Biti is... Read More About Tendai Biti
Dr. Ignatius Chombo is a Zimbabwean politician and a former member of the ruling Zanu-PF party. He is also the former Minister of Finance and Economic Development. On 14 November 2017, after the military took over control of the country, Chombo was reportedly arrested by... Read More About Ignatius Chombo
The High Court of Zimbabwe is one of the Superior Courts of Zimbabwe. The High Court deals at first instance with all high value and high importance cases. It also has a supervisory jurisdiction over all subordinate courts and tribunals. Appeals from the High Court... Read More About High Court