The Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) together with the Zimbabwe Republic Police have refuted as false a report which is circulating on social media which claims that the ZDF will be launching a major operation to raid brothels, food vendors and related illegal ventures. The false statement reads:
PLANNED MILITARY OPERATIONS
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
It has been leaked that the military has a major operation planned to be carried out anytime from now as they continue with their quest to restore order and legacy.
1. All CBD residential houses being used by commercial sex workers as brothels will be stormed into to create designated selling points for vendors. Commercial sex workers and their clients found therein will be disciplined severely.
2. All those cooking and selling sadza and other foodstuffs at places not approved and designated for such purposes will soon be rounded up and be disciplined.*
3. Those failing to register as voters will be considered as enemies of the state as they want to discredit the outcome of the 2018 harmonized elections to the delight of the international world.
4. AS FROM MONDAY PLEASE TRAVEL WITH YOUR PROOF OF REGISTRATION. IT’S NOW A MUST TO CARRY IT
Please don’t be found wanting!!!
Forward to relatives and friends.
In a joint statement, ZDF director Public Relations Colonel Overson Mugwisi and ZRP spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said that ZDF does not carry out law enforcement and that law enforcement remains in the hands of the ZRP and local authorities enforcements systems.
Part of the statement reads:
The general public is advised to be wary and expect more of these falsehoods peddled by individuals with malicious intentions
More: ZBC News