- Mudenda suspends the parliament seating due the resignation that has come through.
- Mudenda reads out the letter:
“My decision to resign is voluntary on my party and arises from my concern for the welfare of people in Zimbabwe and my desires to see a smooth, peaceful and non-violent transfer of power.Kindly give public notice of my resignation as soon as possible as required by the constitution.”
Yours faithfully, Mugabe
MUGABE HAS RESIGNED.
Speaker of parliament Jacob Mudenda has just read an official letter written to parliament by Mugabe giving notice to resign.
Zanu-PF MP says the recent developments are about cleansing Zanu-PF. Other MPs shout and heckle that this is not a party issue.
At HICC several MPs move the motion started by Monica Mutsvangwa to impeach President Mugabe.
- Speaker of Parliament, Jacob Mudenda, told the House that he had received a motion from Senator Monica Mutsvangwa, wife to war veterans leader Christopher Mutsvangwa, calling for the removal of the President from Office.
- The motion was seconded by Honourable James Maridadi.
- Mudenda outlined the rules and procedure of the joint sitting of the Senate and National Assembly on the motion to impeach the President.
- Mudenda explained that there are three stages in the process of the removal of the president.
- Mudenda said that in Stage One, the motion to remove the president from office required at least half the parliamentarians to vote for it in order for the motion to pass.
- In Stage Two, a 9 member multi-party committee will be set up to investigate the President and to make recommendations. The committee must allow the President the right to Respond.
- In Stage Three, the 9 member committee would report on its findings and recommendations.
- The motion would then be voted for and the president could only be removed if at least two thirds (232) legislators voted to pass the motion
- Mudenda then announced that the joint session of the National Assembly and Senate will sit at the HICC at 16:30 today to deal with the motion of removing the President from Office.
- Mutsvangwa says Mugabe must be removed from office because of diminished mental capacity
- Monica Mutsvangwa, not Christopher.
- Mutsvangwa alleges that
-Mugabe ignored corruption
-Mugabe allowed Grave to abuse state resources
-Mugabe abrogated constitutional mandate to his wife
-Protected fugitives from justice (Ignatius Chombo & Jonathan Moyo)
- Maridadi says when Mugabe took over at Independence, the Zimbabwe dollar was on par with the British pound.
- Maridadi says that Mugabe was only interested in his personal power and that of his family, says he never cared about the people.
- Maridadi reminds Advocate Mudenda that he is the one who dismissed the same motion to impeach Mugabe saying that it was frivolous.
- President should use the local health facilities in the country says Maridadi
- If the health facilities are not good for the President then who are they good for?
- Oliver Mandipaka is now contributing
- Mandipaka congratulates Commander Defence Forces General Constantino Chiwenga for the peace in the country.
- Mandipaka says that Zanu-PF can clean itself
- PICTURES: Mnangagwa Officiates Groundbreaking Ceremony Of Uebert Angel's Hippodrome Beethoven Hotel
- Mnangagwa Fires Alleged Nephew Tabani Mpofu From SACU -Report
- Streak Resigns As Heath Streak Cricket Academy President, Academy Rebrands
- JUST IN: Ex-Commissioner Found With Written Notes During NPRC Interviews