The Zanu-PF Central Committee, party’s highest decision-making body outside of Congress has sacked President Robert Mugabe as the party leader and first secretary of Zanu-PF. Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko was also removed from his position as the second secretary of Zanu-PF for allegedly protecting criminals in the party. Former Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa was appointed party leader and state-president-in-waiting. Please note, President Robert Mugabe was not expelled from the party, he is now just an ordinary card-carrying member of Zanu-PF.
Meanwhile, First lady Grace Mugabe was expelled from Zanu-PF and banned for life.
Here is the list of People banned from Zanu-PF at today’s meeting
- Grace Mugabe, First Lady, banned for life.
- Phelekezela Mphoko, Vice President, banned for life
- Jonathan Moyo, Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education, banned for life.
- Saviour Kasukuwere, Minister of Local Government, banned for life.
- Ignatius Chombo, Minister of Finance, banned for life.
- Patrick Zhuwao, Minister of Public Services, banned for life.
- Walter Mzembi, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
- Paul Chimedza, Minister of State For Masvingo Province.
- Mandi Chimene, Minister of State For Manicaland Province.
- Makhosini Hlongwane, Minister of Sports.
- Samuel Undenge, Minister of Energy.
- Innocent Hamandishe, Youth League National Commissar.
- Kudzanai Chipanga, Secretary for Zanu-PF Youth League
- Letina Undenge.
- Eunice Sandi-Moyo
- Sarah Mahoka.
- Tongai Kasukuwere.
- Xavier Kasukuwere
- Shadreck Mashayamombe.
- Anastacia Ndlovu.
The Zanu-PF Central Committee is the party's principal organ of Congress and the second highest decision making body after the Politburo. The Central Committee meets for an ordinary session once every three months, or at any time in special or extraordinary sessions. It can amend... Read More About Central Committee
Grace Ntombizodwa Mugabe (nee Marufu) is a Zimbabwean politician, business person and was the wife of late Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe. She is also a former member of the Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front (Zanu-PF) political party. She was the Secretary of the Zanu-PF Women's... Read More About Grace Mugabe
Dr. Ignatius Chombo is a Zimbabwean politician and a former member of the ruling Zanu-PF party. He is also the former Minister of Finance and Economic Development. On 14 November 2017, after the military took over control of the country, Chombo was reportedly arrested by... Read More About Ignatius Chombo