Image Credit: Clarkson Mambo
- Webster Shamu is the oldest of the 8 newly appointed ministers. He is aged 72 years.
- Two of the ministers are published authors. Cain Mathema published a collection of poems titled Ulimi Lwami (My Language). The collection won a NAMA award. He also published a book Zimbabwe Diverse But One. Another author is Aaron Maboyi Ncube who published an anthropology of poems My Freedom Is My Right.
- Out of the 8 ministers only two ministers are women namely; Thokozile Mathuthu and Chiratidzo Mabuwa.
- Before their appointment as ministers; Edgar Mbwembwe, Thokozile Mathuthu and Chiratidzo Mabuwa were deputy ministers. Mbwembwe who is now Tourism Minister was the deputy minister of foreign affairs and Mabuwa who is now minister of youth developement and indigenisation was the deputy minister of industry and commerce. Mathuthu was the Deputy Information minister before her appointment as Minister of State for Matabeleland North.
- Paul Chimedza and Shamu were once fired. The two were fired along with former Vice President Dr Joice Mujuru.
- Happyton Bonyongwe studied law at the University of Zimbabwe and was awarded a prize as co-best student in his stream.