In a public notice TelOne announced that they are setting new National Area Codes.
The notice reads:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
As a result of upgrading our exchanges to create a converged network, there are new National Area Codes. TelOne apologises for the current service disruption due to a systems upgrade. Our team is on site working to restore the services.
The new area codes are as follows:
- Bulawayo- 029
- Harare 024
- Gwanda’s code will not change, however, 28 will be added at the beginning of every number before making a phone call.
- Shamva, Headlands, Murombedzi, Norton amd Selous will retain their old codes while the rest of the codes would need specific numbers to be added before calling.
- Shurugwi-0252 prefixing number 252 (existing number)
- Mucheke-0239 prefixing number 2 (existing number)
- Chipangayi-0224 prefixing 2046 (existing number)
- Juliasdale-0229 prefixing number 2089 (existing number)
- Mkoba 1 and 2 in Gweru- 0254
- Cowdray Park in Bulawayo-029
- Airport Harare- 024
TelOne is one of the several Telecoms companies operating in the Zimbabwean telecommunications and technology industry. Its main core business revolves around voice, data and internet products and services. "TelOne owns a wide range of telecommunications equipment, varying from various exchanges located in strategic areas,... Read More About TelOne
Headlands is a Town located in Makoni District, Manicaland Province in Zimbabwe. Read More About Headlands
Epworth is a residential surburb located in Zimbabwe's capital city, Harare. Read More About Epworth