Today is Uebert Angel’s birthday. He also shares his birthday with Nox Guni. To celebrate his day we list five things you probably did not know about him:
- He rose to prominence because of miracle money which he first did in Botswana. The miracle courted controversy in Zimbabwe with the then Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Governor Gideon Gono saying the miracle was against financial laws. As a result, Gono called for a press conference with Angel and Prophet Emmanuel Makandiwa who was also performing the same miracle at his church. At the press conference, Angel denied creating money but said the prophets were only restoring money that a congregant had lost.
- In 2013 Angel is alleged to have prophesied that Liverpool would clinch the English Premiership league, an allegation which he seriously denied. The following year he went on to file a US$1 500 000 defamation lawsuit against South African broadcasting station, SuperSport.
- In May 2017 he was denied entry into Zambia because of allegations that he has been supporting Zambia’s opposition. Angel was accused of pouring a lot of money into opposition leader Mr Hakainde Hichilema’s presidential bid in 2016.
- He is said to have correctly predicted the death of the first President of Autonomous Region of Bougainville, Joseph Kabui. He is even said to have predicted the death of Michael Jackson and Margaret Thatcher as well.
- Angel spent 13 years of his life in UK before he came back to Zimbabwe in March 2011. He argued that he was mandated by God to come back to Zimbabwe as a way of fulfilling God’s command (the Great Commission of spreading the gospel to all nations). He however left in 2014 under unclear circumstances
Read More on him HERE