In a statement issued by National Spokesperson, Kurauone Chihwai, the Welshman Ncube-led MDC announced that it has resigned from the Coalition for Democrats (CODE).
The statement reads:
On the 29th of July 2017 the MDC National Council passed a resolution mandating the party to sign up to the MDC Alliance and further resolved that the party should consequently resign from CODE.
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
Pursuant to that resolution, the MDC Secretary General, Miriam Mushayi delivered the letter of resignation to the current CODE Chairperson, Mr Tendai Biti on the 7th of August 2017.
Other members of CODE are:
- Mavambo Kusile Dawn led by Simba Makoni
- People’s Democratic Party led by Tendai Biti
- Renewal Democrats of Zimbabwe led by Elton Mangoma
- Democratic Assembly for Restoration Empowerment (Dare) and
- Zimbabweans United for Democracts (Zunde)
More: MDC on Facebook