Govt reverses decision to close 251 colleges

In a statement yesterday, Higher and Tertiary Education Minister Professor Jonathan Moyo said that they were reversing on a decision to shut down 251 private and independent colleges. He said that the advert on the closure of the colleges had been flighted without authorisation.

Said Moyo:

Reference is made to an advert that appeared on Sunday August 6, 2017 in The Sunday Mail and The Sunday News and the subsequent media reportage on the alleged closure of colleges and their courses for alleged non-compliance with TVET Quality Assurance and Standards. The Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development wishes to advise affected institutions and the public that the advert was irregularly flighted without proper authorisation and is thus null and void. Any inconveniences caused to bona fide institutions is regretted. Procedural steps are being taken to deal with those institutions that are operating illegally or those that have not regularised their programmes in terms of law.

More: Herald

Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:

WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JqjgF2v4dGi9nlBHbVDPTj


Telegram Group: https://t.me/+E-dYp2NhsANlMGU0

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


Share Full Post

Nyaradzo logo

RSS Recent Profiles Created