Today is Itai Dzamara’s birthday. Dzamara has been missing since 9 March 2015 and is believed to have been abducted after he hand delivered a petition to President Robert Mugabe. Below are five things you probably did not know about Dzamara:
- He was born on August 7, 1979 at AlI Souls Mission in Mutoko. He is married to Sheffra Dzamara and the couple have two children, a son named Nokutenda Dzamara and daughter Nenyasha Dzamara.
- Dzamara wrote a letter to president Mugabe requesting him to retire from office. He hand delivered the letter to the President’s office at Munhumutapa Building in Harare.
- He studied journalism and mass communication at Christian College of Southern Africa in 1999. He also studied business and economic journalism and as of 2014 he was said to be studying Law.
- Itai started the Occupy Africa Unity Square Movement which according to him was a way of communicating dissatisfaction in the country’s leadership particularly president Robert Mugabe.
- On May 30 2016, Dzamara’s brother Patson revealed at a press conference that he had been abducted by military intelligence.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Itai Dzamara is a Zimbabwean journalist and political activist known in Zimbabwe mostly for his Occupy Africa Unity Square campaign against the then government of former President Robert Mugabe. In October 2014, Dzamara hand-delivered petition to the President of Zimbabwe asking him to step down.... Read More About Itai Dzamara
Robert Mugabe was a politician and the former President of Zimbabwe. He was the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe from 1987 to November 2017. Prior to this, he was the Prime Minister of Zimbabwe since the attainment of independence in 1980. Mugabe resigned from... Read More About Robert Mugabe
Mutoko is a Town, and the district around it, located in Mashonaland East Province. Formerly called Mtoko. Read More About Mutoko