Today is Zimbabwe National War Liberation War Veterans Association (ZNWLVA) chairperson Christopher Mutsvangwa’s birthday. Below are five facts you probably did know about the outspoken politician:
- He attended Kutama College for his secondary education from 1972 to 1974. He then continued his education at St Augustine Penhalonga in Manicaland from 1974. He studied Bsc Management and Information Systems (Informatics) at Boston University in the USA in 1984. He did his post graduate studies at St Johns University where he studied Master in Public Administration in 1990.
- Mutsvangwa was one of the seven black students selected to study law at the university of Rhodesia. He was in school with his contemporary politicians such as Ignatius Chombo and was taught by the likes of former minister Stan Mudenge. He completed his secondary school at St Augustine Penhalonga in 1974 with the best Advanced level result and he won a prize for that.
- He has served as Director-General of the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation and was a key player in the formation of Potraz together with the late Sarah Kachingwe, then Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications.
- The politician spent his early childhood in the high density suburb of Mbare before going back to his rural home in Chief Nyamweda’s area.
- He is under a 3 suspension from Zanu-PF for gross misconduct and disloyalty a result of apparently fanning factionalism in the party. He was suspended at a politburo meeting held on 3 March 2016 in Harare.
Christopher Mutsvangwa, commonly referred to as just Chris Mutsvangwa is a Zimbabwean politician, and special advisor to President Emmerson Mnangagwa. Mutsvangwa is businessman .In December 2017 he was appointed as the Secretary for Science and Technology in Zanu-PF. Mutsvangwa contested in the 2018 harmonized elections... Read More About Christopher Mutsvangwa
The Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe POTRAZ) is the regulatory authority of Zimbabwe's telecommunications sector and was established in terms of the country's Postal and Telecommunications Act Chapter 12:05. POTRAZ was established in February 2001 Read More About POTRAZ
Rhodesia was a British colony established in Southern Africa which was established in the early 1890s. The colony was christened after Cecil Rhodes who was the founder of the British South Africa Company (BSAC) which effected the colonisation of the Shona and Ndebele communities of... Read More About Rhodesia